About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pumpkin Coconut Bread

So about a week and a half ago my friend Racey requested a recipe for Pumpkin Bread from me. I thought no sweat I have that at home in my recipe box. I will just dash off a copy and email it to her (I also do snail mail), but I looked in my recipe box and in my book of clippings and recipes passed on to me by friends and family and I couldn't find it. So this morning I decided I needed to do a little research and find a recipe and get it to her before the season for Pumpkin Bread is over.
Pumpkin Coconut Bread Ingredients 1 cup pumpkin puree, 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/3 cup water and 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Blend those first six ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl sift together 1 3/4 cup flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves and 1/8 tsp ginger. Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Fold into batter 1/2 cup shredded coconut and 1/4 cup chopped nuts (your choice). Directions Into a greased and lightly floured bread pan pour the batter and spread it out evenly. Tap the bread pan on the counter a couple of times to get any air pockets out. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about an hour. Check bread by inserting a knife in the middle of the loaf. Bread is done when knife comes out clean.
You will have to take my word for it this bread is delicious. I made it this morning and there is only about 4 in. of bread left. I hope there will be enough for me to take a small slice or two to work tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment