About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Quick Yeast Rolls

I love soup in the fall so I always make extra to freeze for a quick meal mid-week when I don't have time to cook, or don't feel like cooking. Last night was one of those nights. I took a large container of Turkey soup from the freezer before I went to work and let it thaw. When I got home I put the soup in a pan on the back burner and warmed it slowly.
Another thing I love about fall is the variety of squash there is out there. When the bf and I first got together he was not a fan of squash due to the fact that the only way he had ever had it was baked with heaping amounts of brown sugar...the same was said about sweet potatoes. I have changed his mind. Last night to go along with the soup I baked up a Delicata hybrid squash that a friend supplied me with (by the way K.B. it was delicious). I simply halved it, scooped out the seeds, rubbed olive oil, salt and pepper into the flesh and baked it cut side down on a foil lined cookie sheet at 350 until fork tender.
The perfect accompaniment with soup of course is bread and I have found the perfect roll recipe that is quick, simple and packed full of flavor. Sometimes there are enough rolls left over to freeze, forget about and then turn into French toast bread pudding, but I wouldn't count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment