About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Progress

I started a project some months back and it is going slow, but happily I am making progress. My kitchen is small and I have to make due for now with what I have. I also like to keep things as organized as possible and nicely labeled. Not always easy when you are dealing with limited space and someone who likes to cook and bake as much as I do. To say the least I have tons of spices, herbs, and dried treasures in jars that only I know what they are...imagine a apothecary shop and you have my spice shelf and cupboard. I like reusing glass jars and canning jars to store items in and I also like to recycle spice jars and bottles as well, so I needed to find something to label them with that could be reused as well as the jars and bottles.
I found this great shop on Etsy. I always seem to find the neatest little treasure that I just can't live without and they have never let me down when it comes to finding gifts for friends and family, so I figured they could help me with my organizational issues, and they did. I found the perfect shop to take care of my spice shelf and pantry shelf issues/needs. I love the little chalkboard design labels, and the pens work great. I have had my pen for over a year and it has not dried up. I use a couple of different sizes to label all my jars and bottles. Oh it will probably take me another year to get everything finished, but I will get there sooner or later. It is nice having everything visible and knowing how much I have of one thing and if I need more of another. Eventually I will have all matching jars and bottles...but seriously one step at a time. The best thing about the pen that I use is that the ink/chalk does not wash off with water, but will come off if you dampen a paper towel with some Windex, so you can start over with a fresh slate if you misspell a word or need to put something different in the bottle or jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment