About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cinnamon Biscuits

I got this recipe off of a recipe card that came in the mail with some book offer or some recipe card offer about 12 years ago, and it has been a family favorite since the first time I made it.
This recipe is quick, easy, extremely tasty and it satisfies my craving for something sweet and baked all at once and in short order. Pretty sure it is in no way good for you, but I look at it this way I balance of couple of these with a bike ride or two and some Yoga I will be o.k.
Ingredients 2 Cups flour, 1 Tlb. baking powder,1 tsp. salt,1/4 tsp. baking soda,1/4 cup veg. oil 3/4 Cup fresh buttermilk, 1 stick of very soft butter, 3/4 Cup white sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon. Directions Preheat oven to 350 Take the first four ingredients and sift together into a bowl. Add to the dry ingredients the veg. oil and buttermilk and mix until you form a sticky dough (you may need to add a tad more buttermilk). Place dough on a floured surface and knead dough until it comes together. Roll dough out with a rolling pin until you get a rectangle roughly 15 x 8. Spread very soft butter over dough ( I know it looks like a lot, but it is worth it ) then mix together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle that over the top of the butter. Roll up dough like you would regular cinnamon rolls and cut roll into 1 3/4 in. sections with a sharp knife. Place sections cut side down in a lightly greased 9 in. round cake pan and bake for roughly 20 min. ( give or take a minute or two ). Serve warm...simply delicious!
Note: When I made these last weekend I decided to kick it up a notch or two by using brown sugar instead of white and tossing in a small handful of chopped pecans. As you can see it worked beautifully. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment