About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Comfort Food

Since my little cold actually turned out to be a bronchial infection with another fun trip to the doctor, two days off work and narcotic laced cough medicine to aid me in sleeping I figured I would send out another soup recipe. This soup recipe is my daughters favorite soup. It is also easy, fast to put together and tasty. The bf called it comfort food, I call it happiness in a bowl, but you can call it Cheeseburger Chowder.
Ingredients 1 lb ground beef, 2 cans fiesta nacho cheese soup, 1 7 oz. can of diced green chilies, 2 1/2 cu. frozen shredded hash browns, 2 Tlb taco seasoning, 2 Tlb minced dried onion, 1 tsp chili powder, 3 1/2 cups milk and a bag of Frito corn chips.
Directions Brown beef in soup pot, add the taco seasoning, dried onions and chili powder. Next add the soup, milk and chilies then a stir until well blended. Then add the frozen hashbrowns then heat soup until the hashbrowns are cooked, but do not boil the soup. Just to let you know the recipe above is a double recipe and around my house there is never leftovers. Top each bowl with crushed up corn chips and serve. This is really a crowd pleaser. If you have kids you will instantly become their superhero.
I am wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year. I am staying home this evening and having a couple of shots of cough syrup to ring in the new year, and with any luck I will be in bed early and able to get in a bike ride tomorrow if I am feeling improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment