About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Meatloaf

Whether good or bad everyone has an opinion about meatloaf. You either love it or hate it. I can honestly say that I have converted a naysayer to someone who loves meatloaf...well at least my meatloaf. I have heard meatloaf recipes that have everything from breadcrumbs to rice in them. Some recipes too complicated and others simple. I do not know how I came to my meatloaf recipe, but I have been told it is worth keeping and it makes for great leftover meatloaf sandwiches for the next day's lunch. I guess what I am trying to say is meatloaf is what you make of it or out of it rather, and what your family likes and loves should go into it.
Kari’s Meatloaf Ingredients 2 lbs of ground beef 1 lb of Italian Sausage (my family prefers spicy) 1 small onion (diced) 1 can stems and pieces mushrooms (one of the few things I do with canned mushrooms) ¾ cu. diced/cubed cheddar cheese ¾ cu. breadcrumbs (I make my own breadcrumbs from leftover homemade bread) 1 egg, dash Worcestershire sauce, fresh ground black pepper, salt, ketchup (I make my own ketchup) Directions Place the ground beef and sausage in a bowl and combine by hand. Next, add the salt and pepper and any other seasonings and ingredients you may like and blend in well. Shape into a loaf, place into prepared pan and spread a little ketchup on top. Bake the meatloaf in 350° degree oven for 1 ½ hours or until done. Check with a meat thermometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment