About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Peanut Butter Cookies w/ Blue Agave

My son has dietary issues due to stage 2 diabetes, so he asked me if I could make him some cookies without using Sugar. I gave it a shot. The cookies came out really tasty and baked perfectly just not very crunchy, so I am working on that next. I took a standard peanut butter cookie recipe and tweaked it to suit my needs.
Ingredients 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1/2 cup natural (no sugar added) peanut butter, 1/2 cup blue agave, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
Directions In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the agave, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Cover and chill dough 30 minutes to 1 hour or until easy to handle. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (I used my cookie scoop). Roll balls in chopped up peanuts. Place balls 2 inches apart on an parchment lined cookie sheet. Using the tines of a fork, flatten balls by making crisscross marks on top. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Makes about 36 cookies.
I have some other posts to work on. I have been busy with being back to work and trying to get Spring cleaning and gardening done. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment