About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Chicken Caesar Salad

We are having a run of hot weather here and even though you don't want to cook people have to eat, so you have to come up with something light yet satisfying.
Caesar Salad is about as simple as it gets. Into a large bowl you place about 6 cups of rinsed, dried and course chopped Romaine lettuce. Add to the lettuce about 1/3 cup (don't overdue the dressing you don't want soggy lettuce)good creamy Caesar dressing and toss to coat the lettuce. Add some shredded Parmesan cheese and toss again.
Make or buy some big rustic croutons for your salad. I made some from some of my leftover bread...simply cut big chunks of bread and toss with some olive oil and seasoning and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Place in an oven that has been preheated to 350 and bake them until they are crispy and golden brown. Don't forget to turn them over during baking.
You can either use precooked chicken or you can grill or broil a couple of chicken breast halves your self. If you cook your own be sure you don't over cook them and let them rest for a couple minutes before cutting into chunks and topping your salad. I prefer making my own chicken for cost and flavor. Add some more shredded Parmesan cheese and your croutons. Chicken Caesar Salad is super easy, super fast and super delicious.
This is a simple meal that goes together in a flash. Less time in the kitchen is a good thing on a hot night.

1 comment: