About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Super Simple Creole Shrimp

I love this dish it is simple, flavorful and looks like you spent tons of time making it when you didn't.
First things first. Cook off a batch of white rice before you go to work, and put 3 cups of rice aside in the fridge to cool...go to work.
Over medium heat melt one tablespoon of butter and two tablespoons of olive oil.
Add one pound of peeled, deveined shrimp and two teaspoons creole/cajun seasoning. I remove the tails but you can leave them on if you think it looks better.
Just as the shrimp starts to turn pink add in four chopped plum tomatoes and 2 bunches of chopped scallions. Blend until well incorporated.
Then add in the three cups of cooked white rice that you made before going to work. The rice has to be cooked well ahead in order to work for this recipe.
Incorporate well and heat through.
This is what I like to call fast food. Enjoy.
Looks like we are heading into some scary stuff with our baby. Impending surgery to fix a birth defect that causes him to leak urine from time to time. All very frightening. Please keep our puppy in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment