About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies with Espresso Powder

I love the combination of chocolate and salt and have for years, but the addition of Instant Espresso powder to this recipe really takes them over the top. The fact that they mix up quick and easy and you honestly can have them baked and ready to eat in under an hour makes them even better. The recipe makes the perfect amount for exactly two dozen normal sized cookies which is the perfect amount to have around if your counting calories (like me) or want to bake and take a small treat to the office like I have been known to do on occasion.
Into a mixing bowl add 1/2 cup very soft butter, 2/3 cup dark brown sugar and 1/3 cup white sugar.
Cream together until fluffy.
To the butter and sugar add 1 egg, 1 Tlb. vanilla extract.
Blend together until smooth and creamy.
In a separate bowl combine 1 cup flour, 2/3 cup whole wheat flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp. baking soda and 1 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder.
Add the flour mixture in batches incorporating it into the butter and sugar mixture between each addition.
Then add 4 oz. of bittersweet chocolate chips (60% Cacao)and mix in by hand.
Line up the cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with a little sea salt then slip into a preheated 350 degree oven for about 11 min. or until lightly brown on the edges.
Sprinkle the still warm cookies with a little sea salt...scrumptious.
I think I may need a bigger glass of milk. It was a crazy week at the office with absolutely nothing falling into place. These cookies were just what I needed. Warm, salty and buttery with the right amount of gooey chocolate.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment