About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Burger Mac

Last night called for comfort food. It is cold out and I had made a loaf of bread the day before that was begging to be finished off with something hearty and saucy. I haven't had this since I was a kid, which was so long ago I can't remember when it was that I had it, or who's house I had it at. It is super simple, tasty and saucy.
Over medium heat you brown a pound of ground beef, breaking it apart as it cooks.
Add to the beef one medium onion diced and two cloves of garlic peeled and minced. Cook until the onion is translucent.
Then add 1 1/2 cups water.
Then add one regular can of tomato sauce.
Add a regular can of diced tomatoes (juice included). Also add to taste salt and pepper and 1 to 2 Tlb of Italian seasoning (whatever you have). Give it a stir and let it simmer covered for about 20 minutes. Stir is occasionally.
After it has simmered for twenty minutes add 1 cup elbow macaroni (I used the large type), stir it in let it simmer for another 20 minutes covered. Stir it from time to time.
TaDa! Comfort food at its finest. I served it up in bowls with just a tiny sprinkle of parmesan cheese, crusty homemade bread and a side of roasted sweet potatoes. Sublimely satisfying and delicious.
Work has been crazy and there has not been a lot of free time for cooking lately, but I promise something wonderful comes this way soon. I am cooking up a dinner party this Saturday for friends so make sure to look for that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment