About Me

My photo
Just a simple gal living on the outskirts of Portland making ends meet. I have lived in Portland for over 20 years and I am happy to call it home. On this blog you will find everything from cooking to my crazy life. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Ghost of Christmas Present

Dear Son,

I am not a stop over, quick stop, lay over, pit stop, inconvenience or detour. I am your mother, mom, the person who gave you life. All I wanted was an hour or so of your oh so precious time on Christmas eve. I didn't think I was asking to much. You decided that I was, told me that you had to work, and would be to tired...Hey kid your not the only person who had to work Christmas Eve, battle traffic to get home, get the dogs walked and deal. 
What I got was a 6:30 a.m. txt Christmas Day asking me if I wanted to do coffee. I was out walking my dogs, didn't see that txt until an hour later when I got home, I did see it coming, just wasn't there to get it. I also had plans, not to stress myself out with your grumpy attitude on Christmas day.  I declined your generous offer and wished you well, and Merry Christmas, asked if you liked your gifts...deafening silence. 

Silence speaks volumes. 

I still hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year, didn't hear from you on New Years either. 

Love
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment